Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Knitting and Happiness


I'm a regular reader of Gretchen Ruben's Happiness Blog and have been for some time now. I believe that knitting has lead to many of the good things in my life. I've gained so much more than the end product of sweaters, scarves and shawls. Many of my closest friends are knitters and I'm never bored. I always have something to engage me from the actual knitting, to planning the knitting, to reading about knitting and now pattern writing and all of the new skills I'm learning related to that, for instance this blog. I also always have something that is easily carried with me to fill time during all the endless waiting and traveling that we do in our daily lives. I belong to two knitting groups and absolutely love teaching others when I get the opportunity to do classes.

I really enjoyed this posting "People Who Knit Are Usually in a Good Mood. People Who Stare into Their iPhones AND Demand Your Attention Aren't as Much Fun." That statement is so true in my experience.

A much earlier post also gave me a good laugh - you can read that one here
The title is "
Choose the Bigger Life; No Pressure Knitting." I don't think I know a Knitter who doesn't relate to that resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment