Monday, November 7, 2011

New Pattern - The Marina Gregg Pullover

Pattern available here.

I've got a new pattern up on Patternfish. This is one that the concept just wouldn't go away. I keep a list of design ideas because I have far more ideas than I can possibly ever execute. This one has been on my list for a while and it kept bubbling up as one I really wanted to knit. The inserts on the side create shaping. I've seen many garments with side panels that do this but only in garments sewn from woven fabric. 


Many jackets use side panels as a way of building in shape in the same manner. The sections are joined where a dart could be placed and the width of the dart is simply eliminated from the pieces to create torso shaping. I may not be done with this concept yet, it's something I would like to explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment