Monday, January 26, 2015

How to get The Most out of Hand Dyed and Variegated Yarns

I had a great time at The Toronto Knitters Guild last week. Many thanks to those who spoke to me after the presentation or who emailed me afterwards for the compliments.

I have some great references for anyone interested in How to get The Most out of Hand Dyed and Variegated Yarns listed below.

These are my two favourite books on the topic:


The Knitter’s Guide to Hand-Dyed and Variegated Yarn by Lorna Miser



Artful Color, Mindful Knits: The Definitive Guide to Working with Hand-dyed Yarn by Laura Militzer Bryant




I also found reading about the dyeing process to be helpful. 

Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece: Custom-Color Your Favorite Fibers with Dip-Dyeing, Hand-Painting, Tie-Dyeing, and...by Gail Callahan


 
The Planned Pooling Calculator can be found here: http://www.plannedpooling.com/


This was one of my sources for learning the process of purposeful pooling:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment